Gaia House Interfaith Center is a hospitality center. Our unique architecture, plentiful green space, central location, and affordable prices make us an excellent choice for your meeting, retreat, party, reunion, community class, or other special event. Our facilities includes several spacious gathering areas with WIFI access, the free-use Dave Columbo Memorial Library, a kitchen, staff offices, rooms rented by organizations compatible to our mission, and, on the grounds, the Labyrinth Peace Garden.
Reserving Space at Gaia House
Facilities at Gaia House Interfaith Center may be reserved by organizations and individuals for purposes compatible to our mission statement. For general information about rates and spaces available, see below. To check availability and make your reservation, call the office at (618) 549-7387. You can also download and print our attached Building Use Agreement and bring it with you when you come to reserve the building. Or Book an Event Online!
- First Floor Open Area. The main-level meeting area includes casual seating, fireplace, piano, and rest rooms.
- Columbo Memorial Library. The Columbo Library provides seating for small-group meetings.
- Lower Floor Meeting Area. The downstairs area is equipped with eight-foot tables and folding chairs. There is a wheel-chair accessible rest room.
- Kitchen and Dining/Meeting Area. The dining/meeting area is adjacent to the kitchen.
- Vigil/Protest Space. The Labyrinth Peace Park is outside next to Gaia House. There is no charge for using the peace park. The fee is if you want the building open during your event.
- Banner Rental. There is prime banner space on the front of our property.
Living Room or Library
Our living room is great for meetings, receptions, parties, and other events. It features two couches, several tables, chairs, a piano, and a fireplace.
The Dave Colombo Memorial Library contains many books on spiritual, ecological, peace, and social justice topics. It also contains flexible seating for several dozen people with stacking chairs, pillows for floor seating, a round table, and a podium.
1 Hour: $10
Each additional Hour: $5
Dining or Lower Floor Meeting Area
Our dining room has six tables and chairs to accommodate up to 48 guests comfortably.
1 Hour: $15 ($7.5 for RSOs)
4 Hour: $60 ($30 for RSOs)
8 Hour: $100 ($75 for RSOs)
Our kitchen has a large stove, sink, fridge, microwave, pots and pans, plates, bowls, silverware, mugs, and serving utensils.
Food Waiver: $150**
*This will be returned to you if the kitchen is cleaned, trash taken out and floor swept.
**If you want to sell food at your event, you are required to have a City Food Exemption Waiver. This is for us to get the form for you. You may get it yourself at Jackson County Health Department for $50.
Reserving the Whole Building
You can reserve the entire building for workshops, retreats, weddings, parties, religious events, and other special occasions. Our peak availability for whole building reservations is on weekends and during times when SIU is not in session. Our rates depend on the details of your event. Contact us well in advance of your event to ensure availability.
Per Day: $125 per day ($100 for RSOs)
$25 to have the building open for access to bathrooms.
Per Week: $25 (FREE for RSOs)